Outdoor Fun for Adults
It is no surprise that South Florida is an immensely popular vacation spot during the winter season for individuals who don’t want to deal with the freezing temperatures up north. You can expect sunny skies and warm temperatures all year long in the area, but now is the ideal time to indulge in some outdoor activities. While temperatures will not reach anywhere near freezing, we do receive some mild cold fronts that make being out in the Florida sun bearable. Executive Fantasy Hotels has compiled a list of some of our favorite Outdoor Fun for Adults this time of year!
Florida Holidays Things to Do
- The Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade: The Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade is an incredible event, filled with awe-inspiring decorations, designs, and colorful holiday lights. The parade, beginning in Downtown Fort Lauderdale and going on to Pompano Beach, is a family-friendly event taking place on the 13th of December. There are entry fees associated with registering boats of different types to participate in the parade. However, parade-goers may enjoy the festivities at no charge. Guests can enjoy music, costumes, live entertainment, local personalities and celebrities and more!
- Christmas on Las Olas: Perfect way to experience some winter wonderland fun in sunny Fort Lauderdale. The amazing street festival attracts over 40,000 visitors to the event to enjoy delicious food and beverages, live musical performances, photo moments with Santa, an ice skating rink, and more. Holiday carolers sing classic holiday songs on stage while others sing while making their way through the event and down the boulevard.
- Zoo Lights at Zoo Miami: Every Friday and Saturday in December, with extra dates December 26-31, 2017, celebrate the holiday season with a fun and family-friendly event at Zoo Miami! Hundreds of thousands of lights adorn the entire park, many in the shape of some of the zoo’s most loved animals. You’ll also be able to enjoy magnificent trees and other fun holiday decorations.
- Holiday Evening at Vizcaya Museum & Gardens: Visit Vizcaya decked out in period-accurate holiday decor and enjoy an evening of live music from Vizcaya’s pipe organ, hot chocolate, light appetizers, desserts, and arts and crafts. This event is designed to recreate the atmosphere of the house as it might have been during James Deering’s life, about 100 years ago!
- Santa’s Enchanted Forest: Finally, this list would not be complete without mentioning Miami’s Christmas staple. It’s the world’s largest holiday theme park and carnival and a popular South Florida tradition for the whole family. In addition to your favorite rides and attractions like roller coasters, Ferris wheels, and all kinds of thrilling speed rides, there are also a number of special shows and events at this festive theme park.
Holiday Lights Miami
Enjoy South Florida’s winter season to the fullest this year! Once you’ve had your fill of Outdoor Fun for Adults, book a stay at one of our themed hotel rooms. Contact Executive Fantasy Hotels at (888) 871-3932 or click here to view our locations.