Online Relationship Red Flags
There are plenty of fish in the sea, and many of them are online. Even with all those options, Internet dating can be hard. Everything from the small talk to the first date will make even the most confident person a little bit nervous. While we always encourage you to keep an open mind, there are precautions to take when starting a relationship online.
Whether you’re on a handful of dating apps or are just dipping your toe in the online dating pool, here are 8 red flags to look out for.
- Their profile photo either looks overly rehearsed and edited, or there are so many people in it you can’t even figure out which one they are.
- Their other social media profiles are sealed airtight. Might there be something they don’t want you to see?
- It’s always a sext, never just a text. I think we all know what he or she really wants here.
- The same goes for the person that just wants to “keep it casual.” If that’s not what you’re looking for, don’t waste your time.
- Their bio is completely bare. It seems they had all the time in the world to find a good photo, but not enough brainpower to fill out their bio…
- Their bio is bursting at the seams. This person is likely demanding and even conceited.
- They keep putting off meeting you in person. Say no to flakes.
- They’re all too eager to tell you they just got out of a relationship. Run.